Incorporating fitness equipment into your workout can help mix things up and keep you motivated.
You don’t have to spend a fortune either.
Check out these three fantastic fitness accessories (and how to use them) all for under $10!
Kettlebell Squat Upright Row
This fantastic exercise works the glutes, legs and shoulders.
COST: $ 6.00 (4Kg Kettlebell)
- Stand tall, feet shoulder-width apart, holding a kettlebell by the handle in front of your thighs.
- Assume a squat position.
- As your legs extend from this squat position, lift the handle of the kettlebell up to your collarbone.
- Slowly lower the kettlebell back down into the starting position and smoothly repeat.
Dumbbell Forward Lunge Bicep Curl
If you want to work your quads, hamstrings, glutes and biceps, then this exercise is for you!
COST: $ 8.00 ( 2Kg Dumbbells )
- Stand tall, feet hip distance apart, arms straight with hands by your side, gripping dumbbells. Take a large step forward with one foot and lower your body toward the floor. (At the bottom of the lunge both legs are bent at a 90-degree angle)
- Bring weights in towards shoulders to complete bicep curl then push off front foot and return to start.
- Repeat on the other side.
Medicine Ball Russian Twist
This exercise is a perfect way to work those abs.
COST: $ 7.50 ( 3Kg Medicine Ball )
- Begin in a seated position with knees bent, feet off the floor and holding medicine ball in front of chest a few inches.
- Twist the ball to your left hip bone, keeping body centred.
- Twist the ball to your right hip bone, keeping body centred.
- This is one repetition. Continue to twist back and forth for desired number of repetitions or length of time.
As always, before starting any new exercise activity consult your health and fitness professional.