Gluten free and full of hidden healthies, these brownies are always a huge hit with kids and grown-ups alike!
¾ cup raw cacao
1 tb instant coffee (or espresso)
½ cup raw coconut sugar (or alternative sweetener such as honey, xylitol, etc)
5 large free-range eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
¾ cup quinoa flour (I like to use almond meal, or you can use self-raising flour)
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup raspberries
2 zucchinis finely grated, with all liquid squeezed out
1 cup dark chocolate chips
Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C, grease and line a 24cm square baking tin.
- Whisk together butter, eggs, vanilla for a few minutes then add cacao, sugar and coffee.
- In a bowl put together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to cacao mixture and gently stir.
- Into mixture, fold in raspberries, chocolate chips and zucchinis.
- Pour into pan and give it a nice tap on your bench before placing into oven for around 20 minutes (depending on your oven).
- Tip: It’s ok for brownies to feel a little soft in the centre.
They will continue to cook and set once cooled.
I had every intention of taking a photo of these brownies once they cooled… however some little hands beat me to it!