We all know that a strong core looks great. Having a solid core is so helpful for everyday activities, lifting children, computer work, running, posture, and to prevent back injuries.
So today we are looking at how to get a stronger core to help with all of the above… and of course to help you rock a bikini this summer! For maximum results aim to do core exercises 2 times per week.
15 x 3 Sets
- Start by lying flat on a bench. Bend your knees, place hands onto the back of the bench.
- Keep your knees bent throughout the exercise.
- Using your lower abdomen push up off the bench lifting your lower back and buttocks, toes pointing upwards (as seen in the above pic).
- Then bring the legs back down touch the floor with toes
Bosu / Ball Plank
- Start by placing your hands on the Bosu (as demonstrated in the picture) or use a fitness ball (you can do this exercise without the use of a ball, but stabilising the body on a Bosu/ ball increases the intensity on the core).
- Keep your arms straight and in line with your body, back straight and with feet shoulder width apart.
- Engage your core, from belly button to spine.
- Hold for as long as you can.
Obilque Plate Side Bends
1 x 15 times per side
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart and engage core.
- Hold a weight plate/dumb bell/ kettle bell and slowly roll the plate/bell down your side but make sure you keep your body neutral (so no twisting on the down or up).
- Return back up slowly and crunch on the opposite side.